Bird Quest is Back!
Join us Saturday, May 1, 2021
WHAT is Gloucester County Bird QUEST?
- A way to discover Gloucester County’s parks and natural areas.
- A way to discover the unique birds that live in and migrate through our region.
- A chance to learn how to identify birds by sight, sound, behavior, and habitat.
- A chance to have fun with family, friends, and colleagues.
- A fun morning outdoors.
- A light-hearted competition.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Teams or individuals have 5 hours on Saturday, May 1st, 2021 (7 AM to Noon) to visit sites of their choice.
- For 2021, we are not limiting site locations to Gloucester County. Feeder watches are also acceptable.
- We will have 7 pre-Quest training sessions in April to help your birding skills.
- After you’ve finished birding on May 1st, you will return to this website to fill out your registration and bird checklist. However, you can still print out a paper checklist for use in the field.
WHAT HAS CHANGED FOR 2021?
- We are not distributing T-Shirts, so there is no cost to participate.
- There will be no in-person gathering at a central location as in past years. Instead, we plan to hold a virtual gathering at about 1 PM on May 1st.
- You will complete the registration and bird checklist on this website on the day of the event, to avoid the need to return a piece of paper to us.
- Be sure to check the updated official rules. We are discouraging carpooling, and encouraging social distancing and masking to protect everyone’s health.